Community & Portal Rules
The Edu-Enişte Portal is an open platform that exists to share ideas and perspectives from the world of education, learning and teaching among its members and subscribers.
We welcome thoughtful and civil discussion from a broad spectrum of viewpoints. Nevertheless, to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for a wide range of people to engage in meaningful conversations, we prohibit certain conduct.
Each member of our community is responsible for maintaining these standards.
In deciding whether someone has violated the rules, we will take into account things like reliability, the context and nature of the posted information, the likelihood and severity of actual or potential harms, and applicable laws.
Violations of our rules may result in consequences such as membership restrictions, limited distribution of your posts, and suspension of your account. Edu-Enişte has the sole authority and final decision as to whether content or behaviours violates our rules.
If you find a post or account on the Portal that you believe violates these rules, please report it by contacting email@example.com. Additionally, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Threats of violence and incitement
We do not allow content or actions that threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
We do not allow content that constitutes or promotes violence, harassment, or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, caste, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
We do not allow comments, posts or accounts that glorify, celebrate, downplay, or trivialize violence, suffering, abuse, or deaths of individuals or groups. This includes the use of scientific or pseudoscientific claims or misleading statistics to pathologize, dehumanize, or disempower others.
We do not allow calls for intolerance, exclusion, or segregation based on protected characteristics, nor do we allow the glorification of groups which do any of the above.
We do not allow hateful text, images, symbols, or other content, including in your username, profile, or bio.
The Portal exists to share and discuss ideas related to education, learning and teaching. We don’t tolerate harassment, which includes:
· Bullying, threatening, mocking, or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
· Engaging in a repetitive or targeted campaign of harassment against someone or a group of people
· Using derogatory language, racial slurs, or obscenities to disparage or attack someone or a group of people
· Reviewing businesses or products in a gratuitously harmful or abusive manner
Privacy and Reputation
We do not allow the following:
· Posting images of, transcripts of, copies of, or links to private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication. Redacting names or other information does not supplant the need to secure permissions
· Doxing, which includes not only private or obscure personal information but also the aggregation of publicly available information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, threaten, or endanger a person or group of people
· Posting intimate or explicit images taken or posted without the subject’s express consent
· Content that violates others’ privacy or personal safety, including sensitive or confidential information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other similar information
We do not allow posts or accounts that engage in the following restricted categories of activity:
· Promotion of controversial, suspect, or extreme content. This includes any content that, either directly or indirectly, disrespects the State of the Republic of Türkiye.
· Facilitation of gambling or betting
· Facilitation of buying or selling social media interactions, including off-platform
· Facilitation of sexual services
· Facilitation of copyright or other intellectual property violation
· Facilitation or evidence of violating the terms of service of Medium or third party(s)
· Facilitation of illegal hacking (e.g., stealing credentials, compromising personal data)
· We do not allow the use of pseudoscience, disinformation, or other content that is contrary to public health or safety
We do not allow content or accounts that engage in on-platform, off-platform, or cross-platform campaigns of targeting, harassment, hate speech, violence, or disinformation. We may consider off-platform actions in assessing a Medium account, and restrict access or availability to that account.
We do not allow posting, linking to, or otherwise promoting pornographic images or videos. We do allow erotic writing and non-graphic erotic images.
We do not allow gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, regardless of subject matter.
Exploitation of minors
We do not allow content promoting the sexual, violent, or other exploitation of minors, including the sexualization of fictional minors.
Promotion and glorification of self-harm
We do not allow content or activities that encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide. If you encounter users contemplating or threatening self-harm, please report it to us via the form or email address linked below.
We do not allow posting duplicate copies of the same content to Medium, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts, either publicly or as an unlisted post. (You are allowed to cross-post content from your blog to the Portal, provided you own the rights for the content.)
Spam or Site Misuse
We do not allow spam or misuse of the Portal. All spam or misuse will be immediately removed from the Portal without notification. Examples of spam or misuse include:
· Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site, product, or service
· Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
· Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
· Stories where the content is clipped with the purpose of linking to the rest of the article on a different website
· Performing a disproportionately large number of interactions, particularly by automated means. This includes bulk or indiscriminate interactions, such as the following of other accounts (follow spam), clapping, highlighting, or leaving notes
· Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion or marketing
· Participating in bounty campaigns or brigades to artificially inflate rankings for posts, accounts, businesses, or products
· Use or re-use content templates with slight modifications across multiple posts and accounts
For each of these behaviours, when we talk about “content,” we mean not only posts but also any other feature that allows you to add your own text or media. When we talk about “interactions,” we mean any feature that allows one user to interact with another person or post.
Copyright and trademark infringement
Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Per our Terms of Service, we require users to have permission to post the content they publish on the Edu-Enişte Portal. Additionally, we have specific policies around plagiarism, to which all Portal members are held. Members found in violation of our copyright rules are not eligible for appeal or restoration.
We do not allow deceptive conduct on the Portal. This includes:
· Posting content or impersonating a person or organization in a way likely to deceive people.
· Parody and satire are fine, but make clear that is what you’re doing.
· Using the Portal for phishing or fraud. Don’t use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don’t link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts
· Don’t use deception to generate revenue or traffic
If you have received free goods or services, or anything of value in connection with the topic of a post, you must make this clear.
Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
Third-party advertising and sponsorships are not allowed. While you may promote your own business, you may not advertise or promote third-party products, services, or brands through Medium posts, publications, or letters. This includes images that indicate brand sponsorship in a post or letter, or as part of a publication name or logo.
Images functioning as third-party ads are not allowed. Inline images or embeds that link out and function as banner ads for third-party brands are not allowed.
You must disclose affiliate links. Affiliate links, such as link out to Amazon with your code, or any other link out where you will receive a commission or other value, are allowed in posts. But, you must disclose somewhere in the post that it includes affiliate links. If you have received payment, goods or services, or something else of value in exchange for writing a post, you must still disclose this fact in writing within your post.
Multi-level or affiliate marketing content is not allowed.
Embedded Content and Collection of Personal Information
To ensure the data privacy and security of our members, embedded content must comply with the following requirements. An “embed” includes a link, form, or a request for information or other content.
Embeds directly collecting data through Portal form fields, comments or other onsite means are not allowed. This includes embeds that facilitate the submission of email addresses, credit card information or other personal information. If you want to collect information from your readers, you will need to follow these requirements:
· If the link directs users to your own platform to subscribe to your newsletter, blog or other content you create, then in your Portal content immediately next to the link you must disclose that the link will take the user offsite outside of the Edu-Enişte Portal.
General Use of the Services
You may not do, try to do, or cause a third party to do the following:
(1) access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the systems of our technical providers;
(2) access or search the Services by any means other than the currently available, published interfaces (e.g., APIs) that we provide;
(3) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
(4) interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user, host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, scraping, or by scripting the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services
If you break the rules
We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community. If you attempt to evade suspension by creating new accounts or posts, we will suspend your new accounts and posts.
Upon investigating or disabling content associated with your account, we will notify you, unless we believe your account is automated or operating in bad faith, or that notifying you is likely to cause, maintain or exacerbate harm to someone.
If you believe your content or account has been restricted or disabled in error, or believe there is relevant context we were not aware of in reaching our determination, you can write to us at email@example.com . We will consider all good faith efforts to appeal.
Government Takedown Requests
If the Portal receives a request from a government actor to restrict access to content associated with your account, we will notify you unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others. Where applicable, we will work to limit legally-ordered content restrictions to jurisdictions where we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to restrict the content.
We may enforce, or not enforce, these policies at our sole discretion. These policies don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act.